Grace Historical Church Preservation Foundation was established in 2006 as an independent 501(c)(3) in order to collect funds for the maintenance and preservation of the historic church building. Rebuilt upon the original 1697 marl walls, the church has witnessed over 300 years of our country’s history, from the earliest settlements of our nation, through fire and two wars, to its present role serving an active Episcopal congregation. It is listed on the National Historic Register of Historic Places as a National Historic Landmark.
David Miller, President
Cathy Miller, Treasurer
Lois Winter, Secretary
Lou Stack (Honorary member)
Reverend Walker arrived at Grace in mid-August 2020, about 13 months after the retirement of longtime rector Reverend Carleton Bakkum. Reverend Walker is a lifelong Episcopalian and Virginian. He earned a B.S. in Geological Science from James Madison University in Harrisonburg and practiced as a geologist and environmental specialist with a focus on policy, permitting, and regulation. He graduated in May 2018 from Virginia Theological Seminary with a Masters in Divinity and was ordained to the Priesthood in December 2018.